Short on time but want to have yummy, healthy snacks? Let this guide help you out!
As summer approaches and schedules get turned a bit upside down (especially when kids are out of school), finding good, healthy, tasty snacks to fuel your days can seem a bit intimidating.
Have no fear!
Below is a collection of recipes, ideas, and tips for making sure that your snacks are healthy, delicious, and able to fuel your healthy lifestyle!
Healthy Snack Tips: Follow this tips to ensure smart snacking!
- Prepare snacks in advance to ensure portion control and quality
- Always have an extra healthy snack with you to avoid unhealthy temptations
- When looking for prepared snacks, carefully examine ingredients, especially sugar content. In general, look for products where you can pronounce all of the ingredients.
- When short on time, fruit, veggie sticks, and nuts/seeds are great options!
- Don’t forget to drink water!!! Unsweetened ice tea is always a refreshing option.
Healthy Snack Ideas: Here are some quick ideas for delicious and nutritious snacks!
- Cut up veggie sticks (carrots, celery, cucumbers, peppers, etc.)
- Veggies and hummus
- Veggies and (healthy) guacamole
- Fruit: bananas, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, apples, pears, organs, etc.
- Apple slices with some cinnamon sprinkled on top
- Nuts & Seeds (be sure to be careful with portions!)
- All-fruit (and veggie) smoothies
Recipes: If you are feeling adventurous, these are some great recipes to try!
Homemade Trail Mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together nuts & seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc.) with a touch of coconut oil and seasonings. I also like to add some dried coconut.
3. Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes.