Do you feel too busy to get in a good workout? Are you traveling a lot this summer?
Don’t worry! KidFit is here to help you find ways to stay active, even in the often hectic/crazy summer months!
Busy schedules, traveling, and finicky weather can make it incredibly challenging to get in your workout during the summer months. However, it is easy to get a good workout in no matter where you are! Use these tips and circuit workouts to help keep you active no matter the circumstance.
Using body weight, these exercises can give you a great workout without having to leave your house and are great ways to incorporate fitness into you summer routine, especially if you find yourself traveling and/or with a difficult schedule! Mix and match exercises to keep things interesting.
Tips for Staying Active, EVEN When Busy and/or Traveling:
- Create a routine and STICK with it
- Have a workout buddy to help keep you accountable
- Set goals and track your progress
- Make an awesome playlist and/or put on some pump up music to help you find your groove
- Do exercises at the same time each day to create a pattern
- Bring workout clothes on trips to remind you to stay active; always be prepared
Example Circuit Workouts: Use these to get a full body, awesome workout using body weight alone! Mix and match exercises and combine with a good jog/walk to really feel the powerful effects of fitness.
Circuit 1: Complete each exercise for 1 minute.
- Jump rope (or jumping in place if no rope)
- High Plank
- Squat jumps
- Side Planks (30 seconds each side)
Circuit 2: Complete the routine 2-3 times.
- 25 burpees
- 15 lunges, each side
- 25 chair dips
- 1 minute jump rope (or jumping in place)
- 25 “V” ups (start laying on your back, lift arms and legs to form a “V,” return to starting position)
- 25 step ups (find a sturdy chair and/or stair and step up 25 times with each leg; best if the height puts your knee at a 90 degree angle when stepping up)
- Repeat 1-2 times.
Circuit 3: Repeat the following exercises 3-5 times.
- 25 jumps (either jump rope or standard jumps)
- 25 squats
- 25 push ups
- 25 sit ups