Happy Fitness Friday!
Looking for fun ways to stay active this summer? We have created a list of some fun games, tips, and resources that will help you keep active, have fun, and make the most of the summertime!
Have a game/tip/resource we missed? Feel free to share! 🙂
Tips for Staying Active This Summer
- Have lawn games (bocce, badminton, volleyball, kickball, basketball, baseball) available at summer BBQs to create options for people to stay active
- With temperatures going up, be sure to complete more strenuous activities in the morning or evening when the day is cooler!
- Always have LOTS of water handy! Hydration is SUPER important.
- Play some music and have an impromptu dance party!
- Make a goal for staying active and track your progress! Let’s Move has some great resources to get you started!
Summer Games: These are sure to bring the fun to any summer gathering
- Play some music.
- Have someone stop the music at random times.
- Everybody freezes when the music stops. For extra fun, have everyone make a pose according to a “theme.” EXAMPLE: Show us your STRONG pose! J
- Optional: If someone does not freeze, they are ‘out.’ Play until there is one person left in the game!
- Relay Races
- Split into teams with even amounts of people.
- Create a start and end point.
- Have each person run (or skip, jump, hop, crawl, dance, etc.) from one designated spot to another.
- The race is over when each person has had a turn.
- Get creative with what each race entails. EXAMPLE: Skip to cone. Twirl 3 times. Do 5 jumping jacks. Shuffle back.
- Baseball/Whiffle Ball
- Four Square
- Jump Rope
- Hula Hoops
Resources: Here is a list of some great resources for games, ways to stay active, and general health/wellness!