Go outside and enjoy some cross training for today’s challenge. Cross training is a great way to get active and keep muscles fresh. If you are mostly a runner, go for a swim or bike ride. Whatever it is, remember to be purposefully active for 30 minutes or more!
Remember, we are getting active this month in order to honor National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month and serve as a positive example of healthy living for future generations.
- BIG GOAL: Increase health and wellness and become an example of purposeful daily fitness for the next generation
- Daily Goal: 30 minutes (or more) of purposeful fitness activity
METRICS: Record the following quick metrics in order to track your progress!
Minutes Active: _______
Intensity Level of Activity: (using key below) ___
- 0=no activity
- 1=mild activity (stroll, slow walking, etc.)
- 2=moderate activity (quick walking, hike, bike ride, jog, etc. that challenges you but does not greatly elevate HR)
- 3=Vigorous Activity (running, challenging hike, speed work, heavy weight lifting, etc. that pushes your limits and elevates HR significantly)
(optional) After exercising, I felt __________.
EXAMPLE: Today I swam for 30 minutes at an intensity level of 2. After exercising, I felt invigorated after a relaxing, refreshing swim!