Each week, we will post a skill to focus on, daily workouts, and a challenge workout to really push yourself. Be sure to record your daily progress in a place that motivates you to continue working hard.
Throughout the month of September, the BIG GOAL is to: increase health and wellness and become an example of purposeful daily fitness for the next generation.
Daily, the goal is to engage in at least 30 minutes of purposeful fitness activity. Push yourself to increase the time if you are up to the challenge.
SKILL OF THE WEEK: Goal-Setting
Setting goals is extremely important. This week, set a fitness goal for September that is SMART:
EXAMPLE: By the end of September, I will complete a 5 mile run without stopping in under 50 minutes.
Then, name 3 concrete things you will do to ensure that you reach your goal.
- Share my progress with a friend or community.
- Set an intention for my weekly goals.
- Write down my work out every day!
Thursday: 30 minute Check-In
- Throughout the month, we will be doing “check-in” workouts to note progress.
- Jog/Walk for 30 minutes without stopping.
- Note how far you went, your average speed, and how you felt. This is your benchmark for future workouts
Friday: Circuit Workout
Warm-Up (5 minutes)
- Jog in place or jump rope for 2 minutes
- Active stretch: hamstrings, quads, arms, ankles, etc. for 3 minutes
Repeat the following exercises for 20 minutes, taking breaks in between sets as needed.
- 25 jumping jacks
- 10 squats
- 10 lunges, alternating legs
- 10 push-ups
- 10 sit-ups
Saturday: 30 minute Jog/Walk
5 minute warm-up
- 4 minutes @ quick jog/run
- 1 minute rest (light jog/walk)
- Repeat 4 times
5 minute cool-down
Sunday: Family/Friend Fun Fitness Day!
Sundays are Family/Friends Fun Day! Take at least 30 minutes and do something fun and physically active with your family. Go for a hike! Play a backyard game! Dance!
CHALLENGE WORKOUT: Use these workouts as a way to challenge yourself even further throughout the week.
Core Work: 1-2 sets of the following exercises:
- Front plank for 1 minute
- Side planks for 30 seconds each side
- 10 sit-ups